Monday, February 22, 2010

First Gear

Unlike Amy, I'm able to find my running shoes. And for nearly half the cost. Any of you that know me, know I don't like to pay full price for anything. However, I will if it's important. And shoes are important.

I too was fitted at the wonderful Marathon Sports in Cambridge. I tried a few pairs before angels started singing and rainbows filled the skies. These shoes felt like nothing I've ever felt before. And my leg pain stopped immediately after I started wearing them.


So when I found my Brooks Adrenaline GTS (on one of my favorite sites for workout gear), I jumped at the opportunity. I only bought one pair, but I'm going to buy a second, so I don't find myself unable to find shoes before the marathon.

Speaking of that marathon... so far my training has consisted of finding shoes, and keeping up some sort fitness level. I'm taking 2 continuing education classes right now, and my energy has been focused on that. I'm still trying to find the schedule that works best for me. I've been sporadically running at the gym and on the occasional Sunday outside.

I'll be stuck in first gear for the next few months until my classes are over. It's actually a great time for me... I'm ending my 27th year with some classes, and starting 28 training for my first marathon. Since the majority of my training starts in May, I won't be posting as much as Amy. But when I find a good deal on gear I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment